The lawyer of Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann lawyer announced his plans to sue CNN in an interview with Fox News Host Mark Levin on Life, Liberty & Levin on March 9.
Indeed today, March 11, Attorney L. Lin Wood sued CNN for 250 million dollars for damages to Sandmann's reputation.
“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals' homes. It's broadcast into their homes,” Wood said to Levin during the interview.
"Now you say you've seen the tape. If you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I've said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn't resist the idea that here's a guy, a young boy, with a 'Make America Great Again' cap on. So they go after him," Wood continued.
"They were after him," Wood said. "They woke up on Saturday morning and started throwing punches. The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m. retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out by @2020fight. We'll find out who that person or entity was behind that eventually. But they're out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days."
"Why didn't they stop and just take an hour and look through the internet and find the truth and then report it?" Wood asked. "Maybe do that before you report the lies. They didn't do it. They were vicious. It was false. CNN will be sued next week, and the dollar figure in the CNN case may be higher than it was [against] The Washington Post."
CNN and The Washington Post are two of several persons and entities Wood plans to bring legal proceedings against.
You can see Levin's interview with Wood at Fox News (7.37m) or by clicking on the image above.